Privacy Statement True Insights BV
This is the privacy statement of the private company with limited liability True Insights BV, hereinafter: True Insights. True Insights is registered with the Chamber of Commerce under number 82697493 and is located at Glanswierstraat 9 (3056 RE ) in Rotterdam (the Netherlands). This document explains how True Insights handles the processing of your personal data. True Insights takes the greatest possible care when processing your personal data.
True Insights B.V. is a privacy conscious organization and we are committed to protecting your privacy and handling your information in an open and transparent manner. This Privacy Statement explains what information we gather about you as part of our activities and how it is used and shared. This Privacy Statement also sets out your rights in relation to your information and who you can contact for more information or queries.
Obtaining personal data:
If you use the services of True Insights, you provide a number of personal data to True Insights yourself, or personal data is obtained from you in the context of the agreement. Personal data is understood to be and contain all data relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
True Insights processes the following categories of personal data:
● Contact and name and address data, including location data, telephone number, e-mail address;
● Company details, including VAT number and Chamber of Commerce number;
● Different delivery address;
● Financial details;
● Account information, including your password and username;
● Other personal data provided by you yourself.
Purpose of processing
The personal data processed by True Insights has the purpose to:
● contact you to inform you about the services you have purchased and their implementation;
● be able to perform its services;
● improve its services;
● be able to make payments;
● comply with legal obligations;
● be able to make marketing and communication communications, including improving the website or application by means of analyzing visitor behaviour;
● initiate targeted marketing activities like sending newsletters;
● exchange data with third parties for the performance of the service, insofar as this is necessary. This transfer of data always takes place in a manner where there is an ‘adequate level of protection.’
Processing of data
We are required by law to set out in this Privacy Statement the legal grounds upon which we rely in order to process your personal information. As a result, we use your personal information for the purposes outlined above because: (a) we have a legitimate interest in building and managing our relationship with you; (b) the information is required in order to provide you with the information that you have indicated you are interested in receiving or (c) we are subject to legal or regulatory obligations, such as providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency.
To the extent that we process any sensitive personal information relating to you for any of the purposes outlined above, we will do so because either: (a) you have given us your explicit consent to process the information; (b) the processing is necessary to carry out our obligations under employment, social security or social protection law; (c) the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or (d) you have made the information manifestly public.
There is no automated decision-making.
The personal data processed by True Insights are stored in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations. If a longer retention period is necessary on the basis of legislation or regulations, the personal data will be kept longer in accordance with these requirements. All (obtained) personal data will not be kept longer than strictly necessary.
Processing by third parties
True Insights only shares personal data with third parties if this is strictly necessary for the execution of an agreement and to comply with relevant laws and regulations. No personal data is sold. True Insights may have a legal obligation to share personal data with third parties. If personal data is shared with third parties, processing agreements are concluded for this. The third parties with whom to share personal information are:
● The Payment Provider, for the purpose of executing an agreement. The categories of personal data that are processed are financial data and name and address data.
● The Bookkeeper, for the purpose of executing an agreement. The categories of personal data that are processed are contact and name and address data and financial data.
● Software suppliers, for the purpose of executing the agreement. The categories of personal data that are processed are the contact and name and address details.
● Website administrator, for the purpose of executing the agreement. The categories of personal data that are processed are the contact and name and address details.
● Third parties engaged for the performance of the agreement. The categories of personal data that are processed are the contact and name and address details.
Security of Personal Data
We have in place reasonable commercial standards of technology and operational security to protect all personal information provided by individuals from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized personal of True Insights B.V. is provided access to personal information.
Use research content website and/or application
By using the website and/or application you agree with the disclaimer. True Insights reserves the right to change the content of its website and/or this disclaimer at any time without informing its customers and/or website users of this change. The content of the website has been compiled with the greatest possible care but may nevertheless contain possible inaccuracies or be incomplete. True Insights B.V. does not represent or warrant the accuracy or completeness and is not responsible for damages or losses arising out of errors, omissions or changes in market factors. No rights can be derived from the content of the website/application. All texts on the website/application are copyrighted and the property of True Insights insofar as they do not belong to third parties.
True Insights does not provide (individual and/or customized) investment advice within the meaning of the terms included in the Financial Supervision Act (Wft). True Insights also does not conduct asset management activities. The information provided by True Insights is not an offer, specific investment advice or (individual advice about a) financial service or product, but only consists of general and non-binding information. True Insights is not subject to any (financial) licensing. The information provided cannot and may not be used as any form of financial advice at your specific situation. Decisions you take based on this information are entirely at your own expense and risk, especially if you compile financial services and/or products for third parties based on this information. You should at all times evaluate the accuracy and usefulness of the information with or without your own investment adviser and/or other professionals engaged by you to build and/or maintain multi-asset portfolios. True Insights is expressly not liable for the consequences of any act or omission based on the content of the information provided. For investment advice or asset management that is tailored to your individual situation and the assessment of suitability and appropriateness of your investments, you should contact your own investment adviser and/or asset manager.
The value of investments may fluctuate. Past performances are no guarantees for the future. You have to take into account the risks associated with trading financial instruments. You should collect all useful information yourself in order to make an informed decision.
This disclaimer also applies to all web pages, social media, blogs, electronic communications, videos or audio, past, present, and future, related to all True Insights topics.
• “Strictly necessary” cookies are necessary for the Website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms.
• “Analytics and Performance” cookies allow us to track analytics by counting visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Website. They may be set by us or by third party providers (e.g., Adobe, Akamai, Brightcove, Qualtrics) to help us to know which pages or videos are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the Website.
• “Functional” cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization based on your interaction with the Website. They may be set by us or by third party providers, such as Adobe, whose services we have added to our pages.
• “Advertising and Targeting” cookies may be set through our Website by our advertising partners, such as Adobe. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other websites. Another example of targeting cookies are “Social media” cookies set by social media services (e.g., Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) that we have added to the Website to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. These cookies are capable of tracking your browser across other websites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit.
E-mail newsletter and other marketing mails
You can register via the website for a newsletter and/or for other commercial offers. When you register, True Insights asks you for permission to process your email address for the purpose of sending you marketing emails containing the latest information about services, special offers and marketing campaigns. You will only receive marketing emails if you have given your consent.
Your consent also includes your consent that True Insights may personalize the content of marketing emails in accordance with your needs and interests based on any user profile created for you.
Your consent to the sending of marketing emails can be withdrawn by you at any time by clicking “Unsubscribe” at the end of the marketing email. Withdrawing consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing carried out prior to the withdrawal of consent.
Right of data subjects
As a data subject you have the following rights:
● Right of access;
As a data subject, you have the right to obtain a definitive answer as to whether or not your personal data is being processed and, if that is the case, to inspect the processing thereof.
● Right to rectification;
You have the right to obtain rectification and completion of incorrect data.
● Right to erasure;
A data subject must obtain erasure of personal data concerning him/her without undue delay.
● Right to restriction of processing;
As a data subject, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. Please contact True Insights for this
● Right to data portability;
A data subject has the right to obtain the personal data concerning him that he has provided to True Insights in a structured, common and machine-readable form in order to possibly transfer this personal data to a third party. A data subject may also instruct True Insights to transfer this data directly to a third party.
● Right to object;
The data subject has the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to his particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, including profiling based on those provisions. True Insights will cease processing the personal data unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that outweigh the interests, freedoms and rights of the data subject related to the exercise, institution or defense of legal claims.
If you have a complaint about the way in which True Insights handles your personal data, or if you wish to exercise one of the above rights, you can contact us via the website or by e-mail via email@example.com. To ensure that you wish to exercise a right, True Insights asks you to enclose a copy of your proof of identity. You can black out your passport photo and MRZ (strip with numbers at the bottom) to protect your privacy. True Insights will respond to your request as soon as possible, but at the latest within 4 weeks. You can also submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority. This is the competent enforcement body. You can contact us via this link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
True Insights can change the privacy statement at any time. The most recent version is published on the website. Therefore, always keep an eye on the website for the most recent version. If the new privacy statement has consequences for the way in which True Insights processes already collected data relating to you, True Insights will inform you by e-mail.
This version was last updated on January 5th, 2023.